Friday, July 16, 2010

A little catching up...

Original post written January 2010...

Since December, I have managed to finish up some projects, start and finish many easy ones and start some more complex ones. Since I really do not have much knitting time, I have fallen back on some old favorites, such as Bellas Mittens. I have knit 3 pairs! I used Cascade 220, held doubled, in three different colorways; purple for Dee with a matching scarf, Teal for a friend, and Pea Green for India. I still have at least 3 more pairs to knit as they are chunky and warm and they knit up quickly. If I had more time, I could easily get a pair done in a day, but as time is limited and I only do a row or two at a time, it takes me a few days to a week. For Dee's pair, I shortened the cuff so that they are easier to take on and off when you have a coat on. I only posted Dee's photos.  The matching scarf is Gathered Scarf by Maryse Roudier.


For Willow, I knit a Pinwheel sweater using leftovers of Elann's Peruvian highland Wool. I had not initially liked this pattern but it really is fun to knit, quick, somewhat knidless and very cute once i is done! The really neat advantage to this sweater is that is fits 9 months to about 4 or 5 years old. If you flip is around with the larger part of the circle at the top, it acts as a hood for a baby/toddler and you just roll up the sleeves. Flip it the way it is shown on Willow, and it will fit an older child! Raveled here :)

Speaking of purple, I picked up an old project to finish; Wisp. I used Elann's Super Kydd in Gothic Grape. I started out with more stitches to make it wider. Raveled here :)



To match the Baby Legwarmers, I made a rainbow jacket using Knit Picks Palette. This is a Phildar pattern, that I don't think is listed on Ravelry yet.  Raveled here :)


India knit this adorable little sweater for Lox and I made the matching hat. It is another Phildar pattern (can you tell I love Phildar??).  It is from Tricotez Calin Printemps/Ete 2007.  We did some mods: seamless from the bottom up with raglan sleeves.  i think stripes look nice when they connect on the sleevers. Raveled here :)

I am going to be spending some time updating my blog and adding some new features.  It has been sadly neglected as I have been busy taking care of my family.  I also wasn't happy with how timeconsuming it was to load photos and links, but now it is so much easier!  So, stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a ton of great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya!!

    Thanks for your comment - the whole house is gorgeous, the kitchen is amazing! You can make any donations when they are open - there is always a volunteer at the front desk.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...