Monday, November 21, 2011

Knitting For a Friend & New Pattern Preview

I have been working on several projects lately. I am so happy to have all these Union Suits finished for my friend, Tara! It took me longer than expected but they are done :) 


Elanns Bamboo classic was used for the blue and purple Union Suits.  It was extremely spilty, but super soft.  It should be comfortable for a baby :) This blue suit is size 3 months.


Elanns newer Sonata Soft in brown was used for this size 3 months suit.  It is not as soft as the bamboo, but did soften up some once washed.


Periwinkle union suit in size 2 years for Liv :)

I also knit a hat for her, like the ones I made a few years ago. "Thorpe" is by Kristen Kapur and is easy and quick to knit. It is also a free pattern! I used Knit Picks Swish in Serrano and Dusk.  I held the strands doubled to achieve the correct gauge.



Life has been busy lately.  My mum has been in the hospital for 3 weeks, home for a few days and is back in again.  I have tried to go down there every week for a few days and help out.  Hopefully things will return to "normal" soon for them :)

I have a few new patterns coming out, one of which is a unique hat pattern:  "Mister or Missus" Toque.  It comes in 5 sizes: baby, toddler, child, women's and men.  It features seamless twisted stitch cables that run from front to back and a section on each side.  It is an advanced beginner to intermediate pattern, but isn't too hard once you get going :)


Above is the womens and toddler sizes using Cascade 220 wool.  I knit these last year but haven't done anything with them since then!


The hat is started at the top.


Notice Loxley's scarf? India knit this little beauty :)  Maybe I can convince her to write out the pattern?


More cuteness :)


The Man's hat was knit with Madelinetosh Vintage, if I remember correctly. 

This pattern will be knit up with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed soon!  Come back for a free pattern giveaway :)

Happy knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, they're gorgeous! I can hardly wait. And the hat! It turned out looking better than I pictured. Love those colors.

    Love seeing your beautiful family, as always, in the knits. Loxley's hair is getting so long! He's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! The union suits are beautiful - you are so talented Meg! Looks like you are passing on your love of knitting - India did a great job on the scarf! Love the hats too. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...