Monday, July 9, 2012

Emergency Hat!

My friend, Trisha Paetsch, has a really fun pattern; the Emergency Hat.  It comes in 3 sizes and is knit from the brim to the crown in a pretty lace pattern.

Scarlett, my little bunny :)


I used Elann's Baby Cashmere, which is a fingering weight yarn and the pattern calls for a sport weight.  This yarn is so soft and feminine as it is mainly alpaca, wool and cashmere.


The adult size fits Scarlett nicely.  

For my mom's, I added 2 repeats.  In here photos, the hat isn't quite finished :) We were just trying it on.



The Emergency Hat Pattern is here, on Ravelry.   All proceeds from the sale of this pattern will go to disaster relief for Duluth, Minnesota, where major flooding has forced them to declare a state of emergency this past June.

If you happen to knit one, I would love to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...