Description: “Little Willow is a unisex jacket worked in Lotus Yarns Tibetan Cloud, a light worsted weight yarn. It is worked seamlessly and flat, from the bottom up with the sleeves worked separately and joined to be worked with the body, right up to the top of the hood.
“The jacket features a simple, yet interesting, zigzag moss stitch pattern with wide garter
stitch hem, cuffs, front double breasted overlap, and hood bands. There is 2-4” (5-10cm) of positive
ease for a generous and roomy fit.
“My Little Willow is a sweet little thing that loves to pop on a comfy sweater and go
Sizes: 3[6, 12, 18] months & 2[4, 6, 8, 10] years
Rating: Advanced Beginner
Techniques & Stitches Used: Garter Stitch, Stockinette Stitch, Make 1 Left & Right, Knit, Purl, Grafting (a three needle bind off would also work),
Yarn Requirements: Lotus Yarns Tibetan Cloud Worsted or any light worsted weight yarn (some dk weights will work)
- Jacket is worked from the bottom up, seamlessly and flat
- Sleeves are worked flat, then seamed and joined to be worked with the body
- Raglan shaping is used to join sleeves to body
- This is a double breasted jacket with a front overlap of 3-5” (7.5-12.5cm)
- Hood is worked from the neck up, seamlessly, with inc’s along back
- Hood border is worked by picking up stitches along hood edge
Sample Shown in Size 6 years on a 6 year old child
Willow is my little sweety and I am so happy that she loves her new hoodie. This will last her a long while and will be passed down and then stored away for her little ones some day......
When she was a wee baby, we used to play Paul McCartney's Little Willow to her. It is still one of her favorite songs!
Check out the Little Willow Song at the end of this post.