Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Destinees First Sweater



Back in March, I got my two older girls started on a knitting project each. Destinee chose a striped garter stitch wool sweater for Scarlett for this Fall. She gt the front and back done as well as a third of a sleeve and then put it away to work on other things. So, we dug it out and finished it this past weekend. Scarlett wore it today and it is so squishy and cozy! She has room to grow in it and it keeps her warm too :)

Otherwise, not much new to share. Oh, I finished my first sock today which I had put away as it was so fiddly and I wasn't enjoying it. But, it is too big for my little feet! It does fit India, so they will be hers :) I will try another pattern and maybe go down a needle size and shorten the sole on the next pattern. However, I just don't think knitting socks are my thing...

1 comment:

  1. It takes awhile to get the hang of knitting socks. But, if you keep with it, you may get hooked. And it's such a fun thing to gift! Destinee did a beautiful job with the sweater (and you have a dear little model!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...