The first time I saw this pattern, I knew that I would knit it. But, I waited many months before starting as tons of reverse stocking stitch and then stitching in those sleeves would not be fun. So, I thought alot about what I wanted to do. I started about a month and a half ago and finished a week ago. I love it! I knit the whole thing in the round, then the sleeves and attached at the armpits. I knit both sleeves and body together, decreasing where needed to give the illusion of a set-in sleeve. It worked! No seaming!!! Yay! The pattern is from Phildar #460 and the yarn is Elann's Superwash Bamboo in Claret. The yarn was discounted as the dyes weren't even so it has a hand dyed look to it, which I like. I do wear a tnk top underneath and it is mildly itchy to my arms, but not bad. I do have a fairly high tolerance for wool though. I did lengthen the hem to 5cm instead of 1.5cm. I think I could have gone a bit longer there. All in all, an easy knit, nice viney leaf to add some interest and break up all that purling and a great fit. I am wearing it today as a matter of fact!
I started a new sweater for The Man and it is coming along, but a little slow as I haven't had much knitting time lately. It is a really soft wool from Needful Yarns, London Tweed in the Cherry colorway. I told him this was my last try to knit him such a sweater and if it
was still too itchy then that is it! lol!
I have also knit two more Thorpe hats for my friend Tara's two boys, but will save the pics until she has them :D