Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Corona

For India :) She saw this pattern early in the year and requested it. It is called Corona by Canary Knits . I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK in Soft Golden Yellow. This is one of my favorite yarns! It is incredibly soft and can be warm next to the skin.

I started back in February, I think, but when I picked it up again this past June, something in my gut told me that it would be too small. It starts with the bottom ribbing, so it naturally looks a lot smaller making it even harder to tell. Well, I ripped out about 5" of ribbing and started all over, one size up. Also, the yarn I used is a smaller gauge than the one in the pattern, which I had thought I had covered. I am so glad that I did this! The fit is perfect , with a touch of growing room or layering room and I know she will wear it alot. When I am not so large in the belly, I will make one for myself :)

Great pattern, well written, fun to knit! I could not figure out the cable pattern, so I did my own thing. In my defense, I am used to knitting in French and their charts and cable diagrams are very detailed. Also, the names are a little different and I think this may be where I have gotten mixed up....Next time, I will ask for help. Raveled Here!
I have been knitting for the baby too, but I will save those posts until the outfits are complete :) They are so much fun!

4 comments:

  1. Meg! You out do yourself! Beautiful! Can't wait to see what wee baby things you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that India looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Both the top and the girl. ;-) That color looks beautiful with India's complexion. Nice work once again, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty sweater! I can't believe how long the ribbing on the sleeves is... you're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...