The big reason for me starting a blog was so that I could post a free pattern on Ravelry. You needed to have a place on the web where the pattern could be linked to until they had time to put up your pdf of the pattern. Oh the Beta version of Ravelry: how far it has come! This was August 2008. Here is my bootee pattern:
- easier to understand (this is huge, I really had no idea how frustrating the old pattern could be! I am amazed that so many pressed on; thank you!)
- 4 different ankle band options; garter stitch, garter st with eyelets, ribbed & ribbed with eyelets.
- 5 sizes (up from 3) - preemie/newborn, 0-6months, 6-12 months, 18months, 2 years
- schematics. Yes, I actually made schematics for a bootee; has this ever been done before? I don't know, but I have never seen it!
- 2 different tie options
- suede no skid sole instructions
- directions for colour changes so that you can use leftovers; cuff, top of foot, foot, sole.
- many clear photos of the different styles.
- a new name! I have decided to use a new name as I do not want any copyright issues with the BSJ part.
Because of all these changes and extra work (I have knit 7 pairs of bootees!!), I will be charging $2 for the new pattern. However, once the pattern is released, it will be FREE for the first day. Everyone will have the equal opportunity to have the full pattern as a special thank you from me. The release date will be Friday, December 31, 2010. Please watch for it and download your free pattern! much love to you all :)